Athol

Athol is a wonderful community of mostly acreage properties.  it is probably the biggest agricultural area in the Coeur D Alene area.  A lot of small farms, horse community and hobby ranches.  A lot of properties have no Home Owners Association and quite a few spots of no CC&R's also.

That is always a plus for the small farm.  You will find it to be a pretty big 4-H community also.  A good handful of families home school and is also filled with a lot of hunters and fishermen.   An area where it is not uncommon to own the small tractor, have a big garden, and maybe raise your own meat.  That is a pretty prevalent attitude to the area.

Also home to Silverwood Theme Park,  Farragut National Forest and neighbors with Bayview and the Naval Submarine Training Camp.  More about Athol.

If your in one of the areas that is close to state land or Inland Paper land don't be surprised to hear the hunters sighting in there guns during the summer months.  You will also find that if you access those lands to expect hunters during hunting season.   4 Wheeler's an occasional dirt bike are all accepted means of transportation out this way.

Don't get me wrong its not a noisy area it is actually a very quiet laid back atmosphere in this area but very common for folks to do there own thing.  A good sense of community.  Not uncommon for there to be the annual Christmas party where the whole neighborhood gets together for a gift exchange and food.  Its an area where neighbors help neighbors.  

Its my neighborhood and I love it.

You will find that most of the houses are on at least 5 acres and quite common to be 10 acre lots.  There are some areas of smaller acreage and a few properties in town with quarter acre lots or smaller.  Price range can be all over the board depending on what your after.  You can have an economical manufactured home on a few acres for maybe as low as $160k and a big  gorgeous estates well into the 500k+ range.  There are neighborhoods with HOA and CC&R's that conform the neighborhood and the areas that are not conforming.  

Something for everyone.  There are areas of the Athol area that are open and flat without a lot of trees or you can be on the outskirts either towards Bayview or towards Spirit Lake where it is very treed.  Distance to getting into town is not bad it takes me about 15 minutes to get into North Hayden or about 15 minutes to get to Post Falls.  I am about 7 minutes to Rathdrum depending on the path taken.  Small grocery store in Athol and also in Spirit Lake and plenty of necessity shopping in Rathdrum.   

If you have questions on the area please don't hesitate to shoot me an email with your questions.  I am happy to point you in the right direction.  Some of the subdivisions in Athol include Remington Ranch,  Silver Meadows, Shadow Lane 

Search Athol Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 17-11070
$364,000
Athol, ID
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Chad Salsbury
Windermere/Coeur d'Alene Realty
COEURDALENE
Featured picture for the property 17-11003
$356,600
Athol, ID
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Chad Salsbury
COEURDALENE
Featured picture for the property 17-11001
$289,900
Athol, ID
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Debbie Myles
COEURDALENE
Featured picture for the property 20173430
$329,200
Athol, ID
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of WINDERMERE HAYDEN LLC SELKIRK
Listings made available courtesy of the Spokane Association of REALTORS® MLS. Copyright 2017 of the Spokane Association of REALTORS® MLS. All rights reserved.

IDX Data is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing, data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the Spokane Association of REALTORS® MLS.

Data last updated: Oct 23, 2017 11:28:am
Information displayed on this website on listings other than those of the website owner is displayed with permission of the Selkirk MLS and Broker/Participants of the Selkirk MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information is from sources deemed reliable but is not guaranteed. Prospective buyers should verify information independently. CREN
Listing courtesy of Coeur d'Alene MLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.

Today's Market Trends for Athol *

$541,230

0.03%

$271.0000

0.08%

-0.17%

September

August

0%

0.22%

Chart Temporarily Unavailable
Chart Temporarily Unavailable